Monday, August 08, 2005

Beginnings

"Endings always pave way to new beginnings"
I always thought this was one of those fancy quotations with no real meaning behind it.

I was wrong.

Every ending has a new beginning to it. No matter where you see it. It was proved in sequels - Gone With The Wind-Scarlett, The Harry Potter series - all six of them and the seventh would also be a confirmation to the above rule. Movie sequels - everything; we just have to look in a little closer.

My life, here in Chennai, is about to end. This to anyone and everyone is an ending. For me, it's a beginning - a beginning of life in some other city. New job, new time slot, new pretence. A new beginning.

Right now it's an end. No job, no consolidated idea where and what would I do next, but I just know that this is an ending - but not a closure.

Endings are, as said, painful, depressing and very 'delicate' matters to handle. And I know I am not good at handling them. I never knew how to handle them. I still don't. And I am not going to fool myself saying I would learn how to, one day.

At this juncture I remember being at a same 'beginning' a year ago. That day I was going to start a post-graduation course. Today, I leave this console to something that is so slippery that, maybe thinking loud about it would itself remove its existence. Hope that made sense.

There is no scope of a "happy ending" for me. Life has had a funny way of running about in circles - at least for me. History repeats itself periodically. Happiness comes to me as lightning strikes.

For me, the immortal Bob Dylan song - "May you live forever young" always sound like a joke. Beginning of an end. End of a beginning. Life is moving in flashback in Delhi. To Delhi.

Goodbye Chennai.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home